We understand the whole Bible best when we see that it centers on Jesus. This is true right from the opening verses—the story of creation.
The creation account teaches us much about God:
- He’s the Creator.
- He speaks and what he says is done, just like a king.
- He makes light shine in darkness.
- He gives plants for food—supplying everything we need.
- He gives life.
All this prepares us for Jesus:
- All things were created by Jesus and for Jesus—Colossians 1:16.
- Jesus is ruler of the kings of the earth—Revelation 1:5.
- God has made light shine in our hearts by letting us know Jesus—2 Corinthians 4:6.
- God supplies all we need through Jesus—Philippians 4:19.
- Anyone who is in Jesus is a new creation—2 Corinthians 5:17.
Best of all, our Creator and King is unlike any other king we can imagine. Ordinary kings have others die for them. But our King died for us.
Our prayer for this year is that we would learn more of the greatness of our King and come to know and love him better.